Saturday, September 13, 2008

Addressing Complaints

I've heard the complaints.

Several of you have expressed sadness over my lack of blog activity through the summer. The good news is, I'm listening! The not so good news, I don't have much to say today.

But I'll try.

I'm always a bit confused when people complain about the rain like it's the most inconvenient, depressing thing ever. I, however, love the rain.

Really, think about it. It's kind of a big part of the life cycle. Plants need it. We need it. Granted, it seems a bit excessive today, but we could use it.

Thankfully I closed all my windows today. In my car, at least. My room is a little soggy. But it'll dry. And trees will grow. And it's really not all that bad.

And remember: It could be worse.

It could be snow.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

I love the rain too! Then again, I also love the snow. I'm just weird like that.

Anonymous said...

It is amazing how peaceful rain can be. Spending a Sunday afternoon with a book and a cup of coffee because you can't go outside is an incredibly exciting afternoon! (Especially to a seminarian!) Miss ya Dan.

anna said...

definately could be worse...

i hate the snow

AND

though i love fall, i HATE that it means that it's going to get even colder quicker than I would like

blah

Dan said...

Lauren - snow is vile. Vile, vile snow.

Andy - Next day it's raining I'm getting a cup of coffee (I drink americanos now! with hazelnut and cream... but it's almost coffee!) and Thomas Merton, and I'll think of you.

Anna - I guess we can enjoy the fall weather while it lasts. It really is gorgeous!