Today I spent near a buck-and-a-half for groceries. That's what happens when all that's left is condiments. Now I have stuff to put the stuff on.
I decided to try my luck on a bag of burgers. Frozen burgers can be hit or miss, and usually the cheaper, the worse. I decided to try an upgrade. It cost more, but heck, maybe they'd be worth it.
I brought my new arsenal of meals home and decided to try a burger for dinner. Burgers frozen, in a bag.
The strangest thing was that, when I moved the bag, they sounded exactly like glass bottles. A bag of small glass bottles awaiting my teeth so that they could shatter me. Were I in a different state I may have exchaged the bag for eight five-cent returns at the recycling machine. Glass bottles.
I opened the bag. There were burgers. In two minutes one was heated up, the bread was toasted and I used all of those condiments that one hour prior I was unable to house.
It was a good burger.
When I go shopping, I tend to walk the aisles and grab whatever I feel like grabbing. I've actually become less frugal over the months, and I think my health is thanking me for it. Some people make lists. Some have entire meal plans. I have my stomach.
How do you shop?
2 comments:
I just posted something and share some of that food mister moneybags foodman.
Um, I have to choke down whatever my parents bring home because I'm broke. Whenever I do choose my own food though, I've been making an effort to listen to my body, and it's made a heck of a difference. I've kicked my sugar addictions, lost a little weight, and stopped feeling like the crap I was eating (large piles of butter on top of large piles of carbs, mostly. Think Pizza the Hutt). Before I ate a lot of stuff with preservatives - I started really disliking stuff in packages and boxes now, because every time I eat them, I get a migraine. Unfortunately though, sometimes I get cravings for hot meals, but everyone knows that if I try to cook, I usually severely burn myself, others, or at least, the main course. I'm good at composition... not so much the whole paying attention thing.
Post a Comment