Friends of single people need to help them.
For instance, yesterday, as I was about to accuse Leesa of never trying to hook me up with any of her single friends and therefore being a bad friend, she turns to me in a pre-emptive strike against ridiculousness, saying:
"I was talking to my friend today and she was saying she had a bunch of single girl friends who couldn't meet any guys anywhere, and I was like, 'I have a bunch of single guy friends in the same situation!'"
She beat me to the punch, and was being a good friend.
Unfortunately, the girls she was referring to would have gone to my undergrad, so there's a decent chance I know them if they're about to graduate.
Ah well. The point is that as a rule, friends should help friends out in the single life.
BTW- that post below? I still haven't gone shopping again. That's almost 5 weeks... wow. I am currently eating a bowl of heated frozen veggies. Mmmmm...
4 comments:
I concur wholehearted! Sadly, not many of my friends here HAVE single friends.
Obviously, they need to make some. For me.
I totally agree with you.
Nice to have one person read my blog. ;)
That rule is quite true, especially because I don't believe in dating people that you don't know and that none of your friends know either - it's the perfect way to get the person alone and then turn all creepy stalker/serial killer on them.
There's always a chance of getting to know the person yourself of course, given the proper setting (like a club of common interest or a church), but yeah, I'm never going to go out with any of the guys that come into Hollywood Video- a) I HATE being harrassed while I'm trying to work, and b) handing me 3.99 once a week does not constitute a friendship, let alone an acquaintance.
You know, there's always a catch to what you said, Kristen.
It's only considered harassment if you're not interested in the guy. I'm sure $3.99 a week could turn into a friendship if it was Mr. Perfect who was also Mr. Single Movie Lover. ;)
Post a Comment