Today we have a story from guest blogger Anders. The only successful part of this story was that she successfully boarded the fail train.
I had been e-mailing back and forth with this guy almost daily for… well… way too long. And I felt like we weren’t on the same page. (Note: sending mixed CDs sends a mixed signal.) I didn’t want to lead him on since I just wanted to be friends, so I tried to clarify our quasi-relationship.
I was de-friended.
Fail.
Once I fully analyzed everywhere I went wrong, I was given two great pieces of advice. One was quite lovely and very Shakespearean: “Get thee to a nunnery.” Being that I was raised Lutheran, that’s a little tricky. But I do like the idea of a Lutheran convent, so I haven’t given up on that idea.
The other comment was that I needed a tone editor. I wanted to be defensive and claim that HE was the one that needed a tone editor. But then I thought, “Well, don’t we all kind of need one?” Not only in how we speak to people but also in how we interpret them. How many times do we ascribe motives to people that aren’t there? Or read into things that weren’t meant to be there? I think about how people love to read between the lines when there’s truly nothing written.
So just in case I have to DTR again, I think I’ll keep a tone editor handy.
And in case that doesn’t work out, I’m working on that Lutheran convent.
4 comments:
blunt honesty is the way to go from the beginning. guys are dumb and women are trying to read into things too much.
Ouch. That's truly a drag.
Matt: I won't argue that guys can be dumb and girls can overanalyze things. :) But it was the blunt honesty that got me de-friended... so it makes me wonder if that was the best choice or not. I guess I should have seen it coming, though, being that I was saying, "We're just friends and I don't want to e-mail you anymore."
Justin: It's not so bad. Now I don't have to worry about being a misleading wench anymore.
LQXyNBHjU Flood Insurance lczqnmTK2E Aaa Insurance etrWmThxR Health Insurance Plans lqS6WxrTcR Insurance Broker Amo0BRdGeK Cobra Insurance Nu1JpkaUjw unemployment insurance ontario bp9ksqCAZ child insurance o8yh1JMn7P insurance service
Post a Comment