Friday, November 27, 2009

Behold, the best album.

Buy Andrew Peterson's Behold the Lamb of God.



It is hands-down (whatever that means) my favorite Christmas album, ever. It also ranks among my fave top 10 albums I've ever owned. And this year is apparently the 10th anniversary of the original project, and the 5th anniversary for the album's recording.

I saw the tour at the historic Ryman Auditorium in Nashville in 2005. The dim hall with faded seating contrasted the old, old story being told through a vibrant canvas of story and song. If you ever get the chance, go see the tour!

AP is one of my favorite songwriters, ever. His lyrics are amazing. He tells the Christian story like no one I've ever heard, and I love it.

If reading Isaiah isn't for you, I'd listen to this album every day until Christmas to prepare for the coming of Christ. Better yet, do both.

(Did I mention you should buy the album?)
Blogged with the Flock Browser

2 comments:

Julianne said...

Dan I love LOVE love andrew peterson!
and I'm so excited you do too!

happy beginning of this great season to you!
julianne

Dan said...

Yea, AP is flipping awesome. I hear he's playing in a week or two at Elmhurst CRC. That's pretty close, but I don't know that I'll be able to make it. :\ Hopefully you can!