Yesterday I was called out. Like, called out. For reals. It was hardcore. And the best part was who did the calling. Yep, I called out myself.
Last night, I didn't feel like doing anything. I just wanted to lie in bed and do nothing. The quarter had just ended, so that was my excuse. But I started thinking about it. I hadn't really done much in the last few... months. Yeah, months. Not much school work, not excited for work, or anything. I really had to ask what JJ Heller is asking: "Living / Am I really living / Or am I just existing?"
I realized that the one characteristic that has been a growing theme over the past few months is laziness. How sad is that?? I'm lazy. And I totally called myself on it. And it hurt. Because the first thing I said was, "I'll change that tomorrow." It's the procrastinator's creed. Noting that, I got myself up and decided to change right then. I cleaned up my room a bit. It was no huge task, but it was good to do something, especially something that needed to be done.
Today I got myself out of bed, cleaned some, read some, went to the library to start some thesis prep, ate lunch, went to the bank, and realized that I thought it was 3 o'clock when it wasn't even 2! That was pretty awesome. So, I read a little, started working on my thesis ideas, and wrote this blog.
I now have 30 minutes to get to work, and I feel like I've done so much. So, for all of you lazies out there, stop being lazy! It's totally worth it.
5 comments:
It's good to know someone else has a penchant for procrastination (and alliteration). :)
~Krista
I can totally relate. I think the ridiculous amount of time I spent watching "Friends" yesterday speaks to this problem of mine...
This whole not having a job thing has made me more productive in a strange way. GO figure!
Also, regarding the above comment, AGREED. I officially have four seasons of Friends and can't. stop. watching. them.
Krista - Alliteration and assonance are always appropriate.
Rach - I may agree, but it's not like you do that every day. Or do you?? ;)
Lauren - Well, at least you're not bumming out on your life like many people who become unemployed. I actually became more productive once school ended. Maybe we are meant to be free spirits. btw, I think you and rach would get along. you could be... friends.
When it comes to procrastinating and being lazy, I like to quote a particular t-shirt I found and love: "Procrastinators: leaders of tomorrow." I like to think of myself as a leader.
Post a Comment