Today I woke up feeling, well, not so hot. I got up and went to work, which was okay. Thankfully I got out early since it was slow, and I felt gross.
Knowing I had nothing to eat at the house, especially nothing kind of healthy, I headed out to the store. The whole time I was rockin so much phlegm. It was pretty disgusting. In fact, it's still disgusting... But anyhow, I got some bananas, apples, oranges, orange juice, chicken (for soup!) and ice cream sandwiches. Yes, they are delicious.
Hopefully this year's sickness won't be as bad as last year's. It happened like this: I hadn't eaten or drank anything for almost 24 hours. By the time I realized it, I could barely get to the kitchen table. Once I was there, I could hardly speak, let alone dial the phone for someone to come help me out. I thought the ER or death was immanent. The scariest part was when all the finger tips on either hand came together to a point, involuntarily. Rather than roll over and die, I did what any Floridian would do: I ate oranges! And like a plant in the sun, I was rejuvenated.
I'm doing a preemptive strike this year. I've already eaten, and drank. I've got fruit handy. The only thing more I could ask for? Sleep. Lots of sleep.
How do you fight the plague?
7 comments:
Well, I hope you feel better. I don't like it when you are sick. But I come from a pharmacy family, and I suggest taking drugs; and lots of them.
Andy - I try to avoid drugs. Except nyquil, which I know you hate, but it's soooo good! I just need something to break up the phlegm, though.
oh my gosh! i forgot to give you that stuff i have. um...check outside your door! :)
secondly, OJ is great for the vitamin C, but it's also going to make you produce more phlegm. FYI.
Rach - that oj bit is good to know, because if I get any more phlegm, I'm gonna either (a) drown, or (b) have my head explode.
thanks for the stuff!
Get some Emergen-C! I like the raspberry kind. Mix it with Sprite and you'll have a glass of awesome vitamin deliciousness. (vitamins usually help me with colds just as much as nyquil. Have you tried nyquil? If not...do it.)
Have you read the book "Holes?" It's adorable. Anyway, at one point when the boys thought they were dying, they ate onions to survive. It reminded me of your oranges.
In conclusion - feel better!
I have to say, I'm totally on board with Lauren - and I don't even know her! It must be the name.
Onions do save lives - and ogres are like them. There must be some connection there.
And raspberry Emergen-C is way better than the original, nastier flavor.
I once used the ogres are like onions clip to illustrate Social Penetration Theory for a comm. arts presentation. It was perfect.
Post a Comment