Today has been amazingly productive.
I woke up at 7:30 with no alarm. I figured I was done sleeping. I got up, and realized my new room was a bit disheveled. So, I cleaned it up. Then, I went upstairs and cleaned the bathroom of our old apartment, and got rid of everything else that was left up there. Done.
Cleaning that up motivated me to take out the recycling and garbage. Always a good thing. Then, I decided to continue reading in Matthew's Gospel. I've been enjoying the Sermon on the Mount one bit at a time, and I'm finding it both refreshing and challenging. From there I prayed for the college students at church, then made an MIA list for those I haven't seen in a while. Two of which I've already gotten ahold of. I also read and responded to emails regarding a friend's potential recording project coming up in the next few months, and checked out the progress on a current project of another friend.
Finally, I worked at my school schedule until it was hammered out as best as possible, which has needed attention for some time now.
All before noon.
Still to do: eat something.
I realized I was getting hungry at about 8:30, while I was cleaning the bathroom. The tiles were a little, um... gross. So, I scrubbed with the powdery cleaner stuff and with some sort of scrubbing device with a nice ergonomic handle in order to get all of the discoloration out of the grout.
It was then that I had this question:
Instead of working so hard at making products to help us clean the grout between the tiles of the shower, why don't they just make walls of showers that don't have little spaces to get dirty?
It seems so simple. How many other little things like that are normative for us, but we just don't realize that they're kind of dumb? Probably a lot.
Lunch at noon is probably not one of those things, so off I go to find something delicious.
4 comments:
Very good question! We have a one-piece plastic shower with zero grout. It's wonderful to clean, actually.
Am I on your MIA list?
VJ - A one piece shower, eh? I'd be down with a more sexy two-piece, but I'm just a typical male.
You should be on the MIA list! The only reason you aren't is b/c it's for college students from my church. But, seriously... how many times have we seen each other since I moved back across the country? I'm gonna go ahead and say I moved 1,200 miles, so you've gotta do your part. It's like in Hitch - I'll go 90, but you'll have to go the other 10.
Scrub brushes... brings me back to the days when I worked on choose-a-color hygienic scrub brushes.
So sad that that's the first thing in your blog post that resonated with me.
Hello,
My name is Theo. I am new to blogging I noticed that we have similar interest. I think it would be beneficial to both of us to exchange links. Please send yours so I can do the same.
My email is cleanpros@live.com
Thank You
Post a Comment