Monday, May 17, 2010

Trashy

"That must have been an accident."

So I thought.

But I kept watching. And as my eyes focused on the car in front of me, I could see it was with pure intent that the greasy box once containing a burger was tossed out the window.

How could I be so sure?

Simple. As we kept driving down the single-lane stretch of construction, I saw the driver toss the fry wrapper out the window. Then the soda cup! The wrappings of this person's entire meal went from drive-thru to drive-over.

I was pretty pissed.

Where is common decency? Simple respect? Basic manners? Any of these would do. None were present. A driver throws trash all over the road. Why?

I'll never know.

If I believe in karma I'd suspect that driver'd be hit by a garbage truck or something.

But I don't. So, instead I'll just think about how glad I am my parents brought me up well.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

I do believe in karma, so i'll believe that someone dumps garbage on his head, or something.

That'll show him!

Dan said...

lol, we can only hope. :)

erin said...

Wouldn't it have been great to drive up next to him and throw garbage from your car in through his window!

Dan said...

Ah, that would have been great indeed!

Alas, it was a one-lane road. :\

Jenipher Lyn said...

That would drive me freaking nuts. :/

LOL @ Erin's comment.
Laurens too. :)

And finally, i totally agree with Mr. songsongs and Miss chanelbags.

You have SUCH great friends. :)