Thursday, February 14, 2008

Unplugged - Day (night) 1, sort of?

I was pre-participating in the Unplugged challenge last night. Thankfully, I didn't have lofty aspirations to do something super creative and meaningful.

At 8 o'clock I turned off the screens, put my phone in my room and thought, how can I be productive? I decided, since I got up late for work that morning, that 8 in the evening was a perfectly good time to bathe. So, I did that. Then, I had no idea what to do. I've been coming off illness, so I was quite tired. But I read for class for about 30 minutes. Then, I fell asleep on the couch for 30 minutes or so.

At about 9:40 I was ready to jump out the window because my mind was in no mood to do anaything, but I wanted so badly to do something. So, I did something I haven't done in far too long: I picked up my newly strung acoustic and played through my old songs for almost 2 hours. Yeah, that's right. I played pretty much every song from my first album, and surprisingly remembered all the lyrics, and then some from the new CD, some newly recorded, some unrecorded... it was grand.

Then my roommate came home. We chatted for 5-10 minutes and then he went to sleep. I thought that sounded like a good idea, so I also went to sleep. I had some random dream about snowstorms and minivans and Iowa, which was somehow on the east side of Illinois. Then I woke up, and thought, "It's Valentine's Day!" which to me is about as significant as saying, "It's Labor Day!" or "It's Boxing Day!" Except, I usually have to work on those latter two holidays, and today I'm off.

This next thought requires a different post. (which sadly enough will end up above this one. weird.)

1 comment:

Leif Hansen said...

Fun to see other folks taking on the unplugged challenge --great job! And thanks for sharing your experiences and spreading the word...maybe it will catch on with others. I hope it continues to inspire creative guitar jamming for ya!
Warmly,
Leif
www.SparkNW.com