Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Day!

When I was younger, I used to think all midgets were born on leap day.

Really, it's true. I tried to figure out why some people were smaller, but still older. My conclusion was that because they only had one birthday every four years, they only grew a little bit. But because they were experiencing life, they were still intellectually growing at a normal rate.

Years later I discoverd I was wrong. If nothing else it shows that critical thinking has always been a part of me.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

After watching "The Wizard of Oz," I was convinced that I was a midget due to being so short. Every night I worried that in the end, i'd just be a lollipop girl.

I was a silly child.

By the by, finished "New Moon." WOO!

c.blake said...

The wizard of OZ gave me nightmares. I still have a hard time watching it. The witches laugh haunts me in my sleep. :)