Next quarter I have decided that I will be taking 3 courses instead of four, and one will be an online course. I am going to make an attempt at reading a few books that have been on my "to read" list for a very long time.
Among the titles are On the Road by Jack Kerouac and The Prophetic Imagination by Walter Brueggeman. I also want to read some philosophy, and I think this book would be a good starter.
So, that's the goal. I also want to go running, take Latin dance classes (which will likely wait until summer), learn about independent coffee shops, check out Chicago and go to more concerts, all while working more often to help pay down debts.
I'd say that's pretty ambitious.
What's on your to do list?
4 comments:
Go figure, you picked out a philosophy book with Derrida in the title. When you visit Chicago next, go to Cafe Descartes Coffee. There, you'll be at a philosophy themed independently owned coffee shop! That accomplishes two of your goals! (I thought the place was really cool when I went to Chicago. Yes, i'm a dork.)
I like your idea. I think it sounds like you're trying to live your life, rather then just existing in it. I think it's a good idea.
We must discuss "On the Road" after you read it. Next time you come back to Orlando, I'll drive you past his home and then we can go to the history center to see the original scroll of "Dharma Bums." I'm kind of a Kerouac nut. Also, after you learn Latin dancing, can we go salsa dancing? I need a partner and from previous experience, we already know that you and I make quite a good dancing team.
Anyway, good luck with all of this. We'll discuss it in length later.
My plans you ask? Move into my new house this weekend. After that...who knows!
How are we so similar?? Weird.
Well, at least we're friends. :)
It sounds good! Let us live, My good brother! I hope that you live up to your desires and in-so that you become an inspiration to those of us who are lazy!
peace
I have no clue why we're so similar. It is a good thing that we're friends, though, because other wise I'd have to get rid of you. I have no need for a doppleganger!
Post a Comment