Saturday, July 12, 2008

Regional Hits

It has recently come to my attention that no one up north has ever heard the phrase,

"Punch Buggy *color*, no punch backs!"

Yeah. I grew up giving and getting massive bruises at the sound of that cry. It's what one would yell when he sees an old-school VW Beetle.

If you're from the North, you may be thinking, "You mean a 'slug bug?'"

Maybe it's just because of my upbringing, but I think slug bug sounds lame. Yep, lame. I don't even need to defend it.

Lame.

So, if I punch you, and say, "Punch Buggy blue, no punch backs!" don't be alarmed.

And no punch backs.

4 comments:

anna said...

lol is this going to be the month of "produce posts"?

What's next, apples and oranges? :)

Josh said...

i feel your pain bud

Lauren said...

I'm pretty sure we played that when I lived in NY!

I know we play it here, though. A lot. And I'm bruised enough to prove it.

Dan said...

Anna - maybe... we'll see.

Josh - So, you know punch buggies? Ohhh, you're from the south. That makes sense.

Lauren - Florida and New York are almost indistinguishable, really. Okay, so maybe not. But, they're close.