Monday, July 21, 2008

Dessert for the Blind

It's been a little while since I've been on a date.

Tonight, Andy, Jamie, Leesa, Josh and I are going to Ravinia. That's two couples, engaged and married, respectively, and then me.

Awkward?

Could be.

But wait! Andy, being the amazing friend that he is, decided he would bring his friend Sara(h) so we could meet. What a great guy.

We're going to Ravinia, where they have concerts each week. This week it's Punch Brothers and we'll watch them, or at least hear them, from the blessedly humid grass that surrounds the amphitheater.

We'll also be picnicking. I was charged with dessert. What the heck do I make for dessert for a picnic? On top of that, I, being a guy, must impress this girl I've never met with my domestic skills.

I called my sister, hoping she would have some advice. She did, in the form of Summer Berry Shortcakes. I headed out to the store, bought the ingredients, and after 2 hours in the kitchen, the results looked amazing. They are now my Facebook profile shot. I'd put it up on my blog, but the network isn't letting me. But trust me.

It's amazing!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Woah. They DO look amazing!