Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Moving Out

My room is empty.

Well, almost.

Aside from the upsot dresser, there is nothing in my room. It is back to its original condition of when I moved in. You know what that means? I get my whole deposit back!

Okay, half my deposit. I'm moving into an apartment upstairs. You see, Andy's getting married in a month, so he's over in the new place and I'm up with John, Steve and Will. So, that room has the other half of my deposit. (Awesomely enough, since rent costs considerably less when you have 4 people rather than 2, the deposit is less, so I only payed like $80 for rent this month. Sweeeeet. That extra cash? It's going to the Cards.)

It is actually sad that Andy and I won't be living together anymore. It really was a great situation. It's good to know a person in a way that the rest of the world doesn't see: the way they are at home. And it's good to have someone know you in that way. It makes all sorts of conversations easier. You just understand one another better. (Though we still can't tell when the other is being sarcastic, which is a constant cause for laughter.)

Thus begins another roommate adventure. We'll see how it pans out. I'll have three other people helping me find out what my random living quirks are. Greeeeaaaat. But that's okay. If nothing else, there's one three-letter word that will make everything okay.

Wii.

3 comments:

anna said...

hope all went well today! i'm going home this weekend and i have a three hour drive super late thursday night- will you be working?

Lauren said...

I love roommates. It's always interesting starting a new house because learning one anothers quirks is fun and weird. You never really know someone until you live with them. I miss some past roommates a lot, but I really like the ones I have now.

I'm teaching one how to be a respectable, eligible bachelor. We'll see how that goes!

Dan said...

Anna - Um... whoops. Guess I missed that one. :P

Lauren - Maybe you can teach me the same thing! ;)