Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fitness is an F word

It's my 250th post, and I've never, ever written about exercise.

That's because I don't do it much. It's one of those things that sounds nice, but in reality... well, it is nice. I just don't do it often.

Yesterday I went running for the first time in 6 months or so. Part of that is certainly due to the weather not being suitable for running. I bought new shoes last week and everything, just so I wouldn't have an excuse.

I ran with my neighbor, who set the pace, and I pretty much kept up, running 20 minutes almost all the way through. It was good times! Today my legs are a bit sore, but I am looking forward to running again. I like seeing progress.

As I heard in undergrad, when it come to exercise, Newton's first law of motion applies:

An object in motion stays in motion; an object at rest stays at rest.

Here's to motion.

4 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Amen! My life has never been happier than when I was working out regularly. Not only did I feel great physically, it got me out into nature, which made me feel great mentally, and it made me proud, which made me feel great emotionally!

erin said...

I couldn't run for 20 minutes straight if my life depended on it. Kudos to you and your new sneakers. ;)

Amber said...

Run, Forest, Run!!
I hate running..or at least I used to. It gets easier the more you do it. I promise. Sign up for a 1/2 marathon. THAT will get you off the couch.

Dan said...

Justin - Are you some sort of brainwashed infomercial?

Erin - Maybe. Maybe if your life depended on it.

Amber - Why would I ever want to be off the couch for 13 miles?