Looking for a church is more difficult than buying a used car;
at least in the latter you'll know that someone will talk to you.
I've been to 10 churches in 4 months since I moved to Illinois. This past Sunday I returned for a second visit to Lombard Christian Reformed Church. Since I moved up here I wanted to stop in, so I did, and now I've gone twice. Both times I encountered hospitable members who made time to talk to my friends and me. One family even had three of us over for lunch after service on Sunday!
One friend and I met with one of the members today to talk about the church. I really appreciated all he had to say. I think it may be a good fit. It just feels right.
In my experience, God is paving a way for each part of life. Some pieces just fit. And they always seem to fit right when I need them to the most.
No comments:
Post a Comment