Friday, January 4, 2008

New Year's Resolution

It's that time again. No, not to fold grandma up in a lawn chair. It's time to make New Year's resolutions!

I'm still working on mine, but here's a start:

1. This year, instead of saying, "What am I going to get done?", I'm going to try and take the perspective, "What is God doing? And how can I be a part of that?" That is exciting in itself.

2. I want to join a church community and help in the leadership; be that with small groups, worship leading, or otherwise. It's hard to find a church home when one moves to a new place, but I know it can happen, and hopefully soon!

3. I will be more confident in myself. I keep thinking, "I'm still in school," and for some reason that's substandard living. Then I remember - I'm in grad school. That's certainly not substandard.

4. I'm going to WORK OUT! ... no, not really.

5. I would like to finish reading the entire Bible. I've made it through the end of Joshua, so I'm about 18% done. Yeah! (I started last semester, not Jan. 1) I think it's necessary to read the story in its entirety at this crucial point in my life and education.

That's really all I have for now. I should add "be more disciplined in my studies" to that, but that would mean I need to go finish writing my paper. That's probably a good idea.

What are your resolutions?

No comments: