Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Show Friday!

Here's the latest update from my band's page.

Hey, hey there, all you crazy McFunnigans!

Friday next do you have plans? If your answer is “No,” I suggest you quickly make that a “Heck Yea!”

We’re playing Jenny Lane again! For those tracking our lengthy, illustrious career, you’ll recall that name from our first show way back in the cool-tempered summer of 2009. A kindly mob of near 100 people gathered to experience what many others would experience later on – Poiema!

Since that date, there have been zero reports of negative side-effects from the performance. It did not cause cancer, nor was it proven to be habit-forming.*

We hope you’ll come back out, or out for the first time. We’ll be debuting “Love In,” a hopeful dance-anthem that has the potential to momentarily trouble your little heart before lifting it in a grand crescendo of hope.

Be there, or become an equiangular quadrilateral.

Poiema & David Yaeger Band (davidyaegerband.com)
Feb 12 @ 7pm – FREE!
Jenny Lane Coffeehouse at First Presbyterian Dupage
180 N Webber Rd
Bolingbrook, IL

F.A.Q.

Q: It’s at a church. Is it churchy?
A: No. The fellowship hall, or social space, is used as a concert hall on Friday nights. There is a stage, big speakers, couches, tables, etc. It is not a “religious” event.

Q: How does (I)an rock so hard?
A: He was the first of seven children. It must be a result of his parents rockin so hard.

Q: Can I take Poiema home with me?
A: If you bring a camera or video-camera, you may! Actually, any pictures or video you take would be greatly appreciated! We would love to upload them to the Facebook/MySpace and give appropriate credit.

Q: What’s with (D)an’s hair lately?
A: No one’s said it looks bad yet, so it’s just gonna stay like that until people come clean, or until he’s tired of it.

Q: How do you say your band name?
A: (I)an says, POI-emuh. (D)an says poi-AY-muh. How do you say our band name?

Muchos Smoochos,

(I)(D)an

*Some suggested they later experience mild discomfort, presumably from withdrawal.

2 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

Dan's hair? What's up with Dan's hair? I want to see said hair.

Dan said...

It's a faux hawk. So, when I smile, it's kinda like

{:)