Last night I took my first trip ever to the Taste of Chicago!
It was stellar. And it was July 3rd, which means there were fireworks. And while the Altamonte Springs, FL light show is impressive, the Chicago one is fan-freakin'-tastic. There's music by the Grant Park Orchestra, and like, a million people. Literally.
There's bad things and good things about a million people being in a 4 block radius:
Bad: There was a shooting a mere 2 blocks from where we were waiting for the el.
Good: You hear some interesting things.
1. While walking out of Grant Park, with the streets looking like literal rivers of people, I heard, "We look like a bunch of Jews leaving Egypt."
2. On the more racy side, one younger guy was heard saying, "All white people, form a line." At least one person was very offended by that.
3. "I wish I had a light saber. Then I could kill all those black people!"
Now, that last one might sound incredibly racist, but here's the situation. First, I knew the girl. Second, she meant white people. Third, she really meant storm troopers.
Next Independence Day, be sure to watch what comes fourth from your mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment