I just opened my apartment door to stand in the hallway for a second.
Now, that might look like a normal sentence, but it's not. Who stands in the hallway? A hallway is made to be a way between one place and another. It's kinda creepy to sit in a chair in the hallway, especially if it's outside of someone's door. (Right, Rach?)
But for a moment, I just wanted to do it. I felt so out of place. And I admit, when the elevator opened down the hall I leapt back into my room and shut the door. We are into comfort zones, aren't we?
Segue!
This Sunday afternoon I hope to join a group of young adults who are throwing a birthday party for homeless people in Chicago. This is the brain-child of one Sherilyn from Naperville. The idea is to celebrate all the missed birthdays just to show those who have missed out that they are worth more than they think. There are donations going into this and definitely one-on-one time with people.
Comfort zone? Yeah. This is going to break mine, for sure. Going downtown to hang out with people I don't know is definitely a stretch. But I'm sure it'll be worth it. One step at a time.
Today, the hallway.
Sunday, Chicago.
4 comments:
I like the segue! It worked!
I think Sunday sounds amazing. Different, sure, but rewarding? Definitely.
You are goofy, last night a guy was smoking in my hallway. It was incredibly annoying. Smoke in a place not so public I say.
That birthday party idea is very cool, what group is this that's organizing? Maybe we can join up with them for similar events in the future.
Lauren - I'm glad you think it worked. If you think it worked, then it must have worked! :)
Matt - Agreed. I think if a guy was smoking in my hall, I'd douse him with water.
rite - This is put on by a young woman whose email is sherbear52(at)juno.com. There is also a global facebook group called "union station birthday opportunity" that you can check out. Maybe I'll see you there!
Post a Comment