Monday, September 29, 2008

Put Out to Pastor

I've never been much of a ground-level person.

Every time I join up with a group, there's already something going on, something to work from. I find myself to be a great leader when there is an existing framework in place. Part of that is I love to critique and improve.

Now, for the first time, I am the one creating.

Living Hope Church (LHC) is developing a college-age group, and I'm the college pastor.

Oh Lord, save your people.

In truth, I'm very excited. College students are my fave age because they can think critically, but they typically have no idea what they're doing with their lives. And they typically enjoy some sort of direction. I have always enjoyed someone just a little older to listen to whatever was going on and then give some words of wisdom. Or, at the very least, just listen.

I'll write up a little about the vision and ideas and all that once they're more thought out. Not now, though. While I may be a college pastor, I'm also an employee and a student, and both beckon me today.

3 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh wow. You're important!!

Jackie said...

Congrats, man! that's so awesome and exciting. I'm sure ur going to excel and be a blessing to many, many people. too cool :)

Dan said...

Lauren - I'm glad you finally recognize the level of importance I have in the world. It's a milestone for me. ;)

missy - Thanks! I'm very excited, and I'm glad you are, too. :) Thanks for the encouragement!