Thursday, November 20, 2008

One of my many songs inspired by a random dream

This is slightly embarrassing to admit, but for the sake of art I'll continue.

I woke up one morning with my lips puckered skyward. Yep. Awkward. I had been having a dream with one of my female friends in it, and we were kissing. (This was over a year ago, so many of you are safe.) It's not like it was something I really wanted to happen, but I felt sad when I woke up and I was by myself.

From that dream came this little ditty. I imagine it would go on an album called Folksy Simple Songs for Songsy Simple Folk. Without further ado, here is "Where is the one that I love?"

Where is the one that I love?

You kissed me on the mouth again last night
It started on my lips and then it ended in a dance
I woke with my lips pressed against the sky
Oh where is the one that I love?

Your smile was contagious, so it seemed
It sprouted to a tree and into shade for all the weary
Your fullest branches caught up in a dream
Oh where is the one that I love?
Oh where is the one that I love?

Sitting, thinking, lights are blinking, set to land but never going down
Runway’s clear and landing gear, if I can clear my mind
We’ll circle back another time

I kissed you on the hand again last night
It started in a dance and then it ended like the movies
You brushed against my shoulder with a smile
The warmth reminds me just how cold I’ve been
Oh where is the one that I love?
Oh where is the one that I love?


Blogged with the Flock Browser

5 comments:

Lauren said...

That's really sweet. :)

Dan said...

Well, thanks. :) It's got a really pretty melody. Maybe someday you'll hear it.

Adam said...

I like it. You should play it tonight.

Dan said...

Well, if the headlining band doesn't show up, then I guess I'll be the headliner. Then i can play it.

I guess what I'm saying is, I'll leave a tire iron behind the coffeehouse, and whatever you do with it around 7pm is none of my business. *wink*

Cherry Runway said...

awww :)