I had no idea what he was talking about.
But that's kind of the point when you go to a conference. You expect someone to fill you in on a lot of information that you've never gotten before, and by the end, you have a new perspective, and perhaps renewed passion.
This past weekend I attended Backthird Audio's first ever songwriting conference. This sweet little studio/community art spot is working at building relationships between artists and community, and I think they're doing a great job.
This past weekend, they had a big-time publisher, John Somethingorother, from EMI CMG publishing talk all about how to target a market, serve your audience, pitch songs, split a deal with someone else, the value of co-writing, and much, much more. I was affirmed in what I originally thought: I have so far to go as a songwriter that it's ridiculous. But that's good, because it's one of my favorite hobbies. No stress, just an outlet.
I know a lot of people who don't seem to be working toward anything, or don't have any hobbies or outside pursuits, except, say, work. I constantly say that work is not my life, and I was glad to be able to do something to help enrich my craft this week.
What is something you'd love to pursue more?
4 comments:
GETTING PUBLISHED!!!!
Yes. Congrats on taking steps and on being brave enough to say that your job is not your life. I love that.
You should get published.
But what?
It's so vague. Short stories? Poetry? A novel? What, VJ, what??
I need to pursue music more: become a better singer, drummer, and guitar player.
Well, first I need to become a quasi-guitar player... and then I'll work on getting better at it.
Anders - yes, quasi is a pre-req for better. Now you just need a plan of action!
Post a Comment