Oh. My. Gosh.
That was the worst heading ever. I should be banned from the internet.
I went to a new "up-and-coming" Buffalo Wild Wings. The building is up, and the restaurant is coming.
They had a big sign that said "NOW HIRING!" in the window. I already have a job, but I'll need a second one over the summer. Bills are ever-increasing, and I'd like to avoid the massive student loans that I took out this past year.
The big sign outside of BWW should have read:
"NOT HIRING ANYTHING YOU WANT TO DO"
since the server and bartender spots are all filled up.
Needless to say (though for some reason we insist on saying things that are needless to say), I did not get a second job there. Which brings me to the point:
Rejection sucks.
One summer I went from place to place looking for a job. I probably applied at 15 places and interviewed at 1/3 of those. The only offer I got was to manage a shoe store. Um... yeah.
I think part of rejection is the feeling that we are not known. "If you knew me, you would do nothing but hire me because I'm one of the hardest workers you'll ever get." And they're like, "Nope. I don't want to know you."
I'm sure the same goes for dating and other areas of life. In general, rejection sucks.
On the flip side, if someone says no to you in one place, you might be able to go find something way better. It's the whole, "when one door closes another one opens" or something cliche that doesn't really make sense.
So, to all the rejects out there, I feel you. Not with my hands, but with my heart.
6 comments:
Yeah. That post title...not good. :)
Rejection sucks--any kind of it. Try getting your writing rejected from being published in a journal. Not fun. Rejected from a job? Also not fun. Rejected from eating things off the kid's menu at a restaurant? Downright terrible.
Lauren, you?
Got rejected??
From the kids menu???
I don't believe it! ;)
lol, um...yea. making up stuff (e.g., Oct-job-er) is always fun. good times.
i wouldve gone with, "Good Job-hunting" myself. but im a weirdo.
thanks for the encouragement, bub [;)]. it happens. you move on. im a firm believer that the end of a bad thing is always good. how could it not be? i was blessed enough to leave the situation with the the most precious blessing i couldve ever asked for, so i could never be bitter about it. life goes on.
doo doo doo.
WHERE'S MY TSHIRT/BUTTON OR WHATEVER...THING...??? still waitin to make my fan status official, bucko. ;P
It happens more than you'd think! I'm so ashamed!!!
"I think part of rejection is the feeling that we are not known."
I totally agree. That sucks for its own reasons. But it also sucks to be rejected by someone who knows you really well. No?
I can't decide which is worse though.
I can't figure out which one would be worse. To be rejected for who you are, or for who you're not.
Thoughts to ponder...
Post a Comment