Tuesday, July 8, 2008

O Sacred Song

If you haven't yet, go listen to Audrey Assad.

She's got a download up (maybe today only) that is the old hymn "O Sacred Head". No matter your musical taste, I think you will love it. The harmonies are gorgeous and it's all done a capella ("with ice cream on top").

In other news, I'll be playing a song I wrote ("Quiet Until Now") at church on Sunday. Sweet! I haven't led anything or done anything like this at this church, so I'm excited. I guess if no one knows you're a songwriter no one'll expect you to play songs, eh?

5 comments:

ktams said...

Wow...that's quite beautiful (at least, until it was cut off).

I'm looking forward to Sunday. :-)

anna said...

have I heard this one? If not, will you record it or road trip down to play it? ;)

Good luck with it on Sunday!!

Dan said...

Kerry - Yeah. mine was cut off, too. Lame!

Anna - you have heard it. I played it in during the power outage. So, um... no road trip. :-P

Cherry Runway said...

I'm really behind on my blog reading.

Well....How did it go that Sunday??

Dan said...

Well, Jenn, it went very well!

Though they said if I play a song again I should make sure to have the lyrics up so people can understand me.

Apparentlyimumblewhenitalk.