
I'm not sure I ever thought it would happen, but Ian and I finally have a name for our band: Poiema.
It's Greek. You'll find it in two different places in the Christian Scriptures (aka the Bible).
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do. - Eph 2:10There's the creative aspect there. Something was made, for a purpose. It communicates something. And hopefully that something is enjoyable.
For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature—have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that men are without excuse. - Rom 1:20
We'll be playing our first show this Friday. Crazy, eh?
Poiema, Eric Landshaft
Jenny Lane Coffeehouse
180 N Webber Rd
Bolingbrook, IL
4 comments:
Wait wait wait...You AND Ian AND Eric Landshaft, all in one night? I might just have to be there.
Thanks for the invite!
And congrats on naming the band. Now...how do you pronounce that?
Poy-emma? Poe-ayma? Fishsticks?
amazing! you got it right!
"phish-stix"
But, if you were Greek, it'd probably sound something more like, "poy-'ayma". There's an eta in there.
I hope you do come! I often will write a song and think, "Justin would approve of these lyrics." So, yea. You have to come.
How exciting. Great name. :) If I was even remotely close to this Bolingbrook place I would go track down this coffee house and sit out in the crowd screaming "I love you DAN!" at random intervals, like a crazy groupie ... just for dramatic affect.
And fishsticks. I would defintely scream "I love fishsticks" as well. ;)
Erin - the world would smile if you were yelling "I love fish sticks!!" And Justin would be right there with you.
No worries, though. We'll just have to put a MN date on our next tour.
Post a Comment