Seminary : reading as surviving : eating.*
I received an email from a friend today which made me take a second look, especially since the subject was "scholarship." Seeing as I am barely making bills right now, I had to check it out.
I was sent to a site that gives the opportunity for winning a seminary scholarship just for watching a video presentation for Logos bible software. I was like, "Great. An ad for something. That's original." So, I turned it on, half-intending to let it run, walk away, and then return after it was over to fill out the scholarship app.
Surprisingly, I watched the whole thing, and wouldn't you know that it's actually a tempting purchase? It's like a billion reference books for super cheap (when compared to individual book pricing). For a student, or any reader, it's hard to pass up books. Especially books I don't have to move every time I change apartments. And it actually looks like it'd save me time doing research. Blasted useful purchases! Seriously, though. I'm not a big fan of going to the library, so it'd be way easier to have my library with me as I sit in a fave cafe.
Considering I need oral surgery some time in the near future, my Logos purchase will be delayed. But maybe I'll win the scholarship, be able to afford the dental work sooner, and then get myself a sweet digital library.
If you're a sem student, or just want some references, I'd say check it out.
*VJ or Lauren G, you'll have to let me know if my analogies are right.
5 comments:
A bit off. Yours reads Reading is to seminary as eating is to surviving. So, translated - One must eat to survive just as one must read to seminary? I think a better one might be
Seminary : reading as Life : eating
So...one must eat to survive life just as one must read to survive seminary? I haven't done analogies in years. You must forgive me if i'm wrong!
Also, I'll forgive you for the "I'm not a big fan of going to the library" comment. Library hater.
:D
I knew you could help. :)
And if you had our library, you wouldn't be there much, either.
we used a version of that software when i was at NTM and it rocked. oh, and those banana pancakes sound delicious... :o)
Vero! - I can imagine that the updated version now is even more rocktacular than the one you used. Hopefully I can win a copy from them. They've got a little contest thing goin.
And yes, the pancakes were great. :) I got the apple cinnamon ones a few days ago and was disappointed. Maybe they just do some things very well.
Interesting... I'll have to watch the video when I'm not about to start work in one minute. BUT I probably won't go for it 'cause I LOVE libraries - even Northern's.
Post a Comment