Tuesday, January 12, 2010

An Attractive Equation

Actors must know something about something.

Dax Shepard was on Conan tonight. He commented that his face was a 6, but woman found him more attractive because his personality is a 10. He then posited that (on a scale of 1-10) women add physical attractiveness to personality, then take the average for overall attractiveness. This gives us the equation

(x+y)/2=z

Where
x = physical attractiveness
y = personality
z = total amount of attractiveness

Ex. (6+10)/2=8

I'm trying to figure out the guy equation. It'd be like

{[x2+(y/2)]/2}a=z

Where
x = physical attractiveness
y = personality
a = probability of a physical encounter
z = chance that the guy will make a move

{[62+(8/2)]/2}1=20

Ok, so maybe it doesn't work out so well. But, what do you think of Dax's equation? I'm especially interested to hear the ladies' perspectives. And guys, what would your equation be?

9 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

I may not be the typical respondant, but I would probably use the girl equation, too.

IVMarz said...

I'd say that equation sounds accurate... unless it's an "old friend" kind of thing. Then it might look more like:

[x+(y*1.3)]/2=z

where personality brings another level of familiarity and comfort.

Actually, there might be another variable all together that is added at that point - comfort/trust = q

{[(x+y)/2]+q}/2=z

A person could be the most attractive and charismatic person I know, but if I don't trust them (bc of personal experience or something I heard through the grapevine), that kills it.

In my opinion, q could be added to the initial equation as well in some form.

Dan said...

VJ - you can use whatever equation you want.

V - I didn't even think of comfort and trust. There's that thing where people get together after years of not seeing each other, but their history makes them so comfortable with one another that it clicks. That should be factored in.

I think that my whole point, or theory, is that guys, no matter the equation, multiply the attractiveness factor over others. (Hence x "squared.") Of course, I could just be projecting. :\

Lauren said...

I think your biggest problem is that you're taking advice from Dax Shepard.

Kidding.

This post made me laugh out loud. I think your equation was pretty on par, although i'd hoped the personality would equal a bit more.

Well, whatever the equation, it worked out well for Dax. His girlfriend is pretty cute.

Dan said...

La - You know, I wish I could put more stock in just personality. But what I've seen and experienced doesn't lend itself to much grace there. Turns out women are much more able to look past looks.

Anonymous said...

There is that sneaky, immeasurable factor we like to call *chemistry*. Before you know it, Z just gained 500 extra points and you're not sure why. ;)

Dan said...

Linz - There certainly is that! I wonder if pheromones have something to do with it. Seriously, I've been attracted to some girls and can't quite figure it out. I blame chemistry.

Anonymous said...

[url=http://welcome-casino.aoaoaxxx.ru][img]http://s49.radikal.ru/i125/0912/82/a90aea46452a.jpg[/img][/url]

[IMG]http://s44.radikal.ru/i105/0912/3d/c3f5c104cbf9.jpg[/IMG]


[url=http://welcome-casino.aoaoaxxx.ru][img]http://i011.radikal.ru/0912/d6/e2d4895b3eac.jpg[/img][/url]














































[u][b]We can be found by these keywords:[/b][/u]
[url=http://welcome-casino.aoaoaxxx.ru/sitemap.html]sistemas casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/morango-casino.html]fortunelounge online casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/casino-gambling-blackjack.html]casino cruise ship [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/thunder-valley-casino-blogs-about.html]sandia casino albuquerque nm [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/casino-rancho.html]link www casino riches com [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/bay-biloxi-casino.html]casino de mendoza [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/tropicana-resort-and-casino.html]vegas casino online [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/virgin-casino.html]online casino http 247clublasvegas com [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/excalibur-casino-las-vegas-nevada.html]casino poquer apuesta [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/punta-cana-casino.html]roulette casino game [/url]
[url=http://macleodsofbutte.org/members/casino_2D00_gamblings_2D00_online.aspx]black casino gambling holdem jack online party poker roulette slot [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/soaring-eagle-casino-mount-pleasant-michigan.html]best casino bonus [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/century-casino.html]juego mesa casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/casino-pass.html]juego casino virtual [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/buffalo-casino.html]eurobet casino [/url]
[url=http://vegasonlines.net/paddy-casino.html]juego casino apuesta deportiva loteria l [/url]
casino online roulette
[b]casino monte blanco[/b]
5 97 best casino online payouts
vegas venetian resort casino
[b]casinos argentina[/b]
casino webmaster
[u]gran casino costa brava[/u]
download casino vegas
casino royal james bond
[b]foto ganadores poker casino venezuela[/b]
internet casino http 24hr onlinecasinos com
tecnica ganar maquinita casino

Anonymous said...

[url=http://seghan.ru/go.php?sid=2][img]http://banners.servized.com/current/gif/tam_720x90_1.gif[/img][/url]

[url=http://old-drugstore.net/]What is/are Zovirax Tablets?[/url]
What are acyclovir tablets or capsules?
ACYCLOVIR (Zovirax®) treats standard types of viral infections, specifically herpes infections. Acyclovir
intent not medicament herpes infections; it will help the sores rejuvenate faster and eschew to ease the pang or discomfort.
Sometimes acyclovir is confirmed to help prevent the infection from coming back. Acyclovir also treats shingles
and chickenpox infections. Generic acyclovir tablets and capsules are available.

What should I acquaint someone with something my fitness distress provider in the vanguard I gain possession of this medicine?
They need to differentiate if you have planned any of these conditions:

•dehydration
•neurological blight
•kidney disease
•seizures (convulsions)
•an unprecedented or allergic resistance to acyclovir, ganciclovir, valacyclovir, valganciclovir, other medicines, foods, dyes, or preservatives
•expectant or disquieting to receive pregnant
•breast-feeding



[url=http://best-drugstore.aoaoaxxx.ru/][img]http://i079.radikal.ru/0910/b9/3f666eb40896.jpg[/img][/url]
























[url= ]purchase Zovirax Londonpurchase Zovirax Markham [/url]
purchase Zovirax Vaughanpurchase Zovirax Windsor
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Kitchenerpurchase Zovirax Montreal [/url]
purchase Zovirax Quebec Citypurchase Zovirax Gatineau
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Outaouaispurchase Zovirax Sherbrooke [/url]
purchase Zovirax Estriepurchase Zovirax Saguenay
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Saguenay-Lac-Saint-Jeanpurchase Zovirax Trois-Rivieres [/url]
purchase Zovirax Mauriciepurchase Zovirax Vancouver
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Victoriapurchase Zovirax Kelowna [/url]
purchase Zovirax Abbotsfordpurchase Zovirax Kamloops
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Nanaimopurchase Zovirax Prince George [/url]
purchase Zovirax Chilliwackpurchase Zovirax Vernon
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Courtenaypurchase Zovirax Calgary [/url]
purchase Zovirax Edmontonpurchase Zovirax Red Deer
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Lethbridgepurchase Zovirax Winnipeg [/url]
purchase Zovirax Australiapurchase Zovirax Austria
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Argentinapurchase Zovirax Belgium [/url]
purchase Zovirax Bulgariapurchase Zovirax Brasilia
[url= ]purchase Zovirax Great britainpurchase Zovirax Hungary [/url]
purchase Zovirax Germanypurchase Zovirax Greece