48 hours and it'll be over.
Or I'll be right in the midst of it, I'm not sure. I should be over by then.
Of course I'm talking about my sermon. My first preaching experience in a public forum, happening this Sunday. Crazy! I'm not entirely ready, but I'm usually not entirely ready for most things.
Yesterday, while hanging with some friends of a friend's sister, I was brought to one of those good places. We shared conversation over some drinks, this aspiring pastor and those who rarely if ever would darken a church door. And we talked about whatever. And I had to think.
What makes the gospel "good news" to them? What's so important about this story? Is it really relevant? Or is it just a devotional, spiritual, feel-good story?
Those are the sobering questions that take me out of church-mode and more into Jesus-mode. He really had a way about him that had traction. Like, his life was life-relevant.
Anyhow, small bits of thought. Lately I've been confused at if I posted each day or not. I've been a little paranoid about it. It'd be easier if I did this at the same time each day, but that'll never happen.
Salud.
3 comments:
Good luck on the sermon. I'll be thinking of you while I'm at church. One of my friends may or may not have volunteered me to be the liturgist that morning. Eek!
SO? How did it go?
VJ - What exactly does a liturgist do?
Erin - It went well! Thanks for asking. I'll post on it in more detail.
Post a Comment