Friday, January 29, 2010

Doppelganger Week

It is Doppelganger week on Facebook.

Who invents these things? Two weeks ago was "throwback week" or something, so many of us changed our pictures to one from our youth. Por ejemplo:




Yes, I was that cute.

This week we're supposed to change our picture to someone famous we look like.

Since I haven't looked like anyone famous since I was 11 (JTT and I were like twinsies, save for the hair color), I'm not sure who I should be.

For now, I'm Josh Moore.



A friend, and the guy who does all the maintenance on our campus, we have at different times in my 2 1/2 years here been mistaken for the other. People tell him they enjoy his playing guitar in chapel. Others thank me for fixing their hot water issues. We don't bother to correct them. We just respond appropriately and move on.

Who do you look like?

8 comments:

Viewtiful_Justin said...

No one. Maybe Ellen...

Anonymous said...

I don't know what anonymous said, but I think I probably look like him/her.

Dan said...

VJ - Um... I dunno. Maybe one of those flying turtles from Mario Bros 3?

Andy - Agreed. I had to delete that. I don't want to look like that person.

Lauren said...

OH MAN! You do look like JTT!

Oh, JTT, you were one of my first crushes. Why did you disappear?

Dan, you're okay too.

Dan said...

Lauren - remember me in high school?? I totally looked like him for a bit. Crazy. Or, perhaps that was middle school... either way, it was creepy.

Jean Sharp said...

huh. I didn't know facebook had such "themes". I'm totally out of the times. Where do you see these things??
But, perhaps, I'll change my pic to Drew Barrymore. Been told I look like her on more than one occasion...

Dan said...

They happen by word of mouth, so, I guess you just need to look at your feed more?

And I could totally see Drew Barrymore!

Lauren said...

I look like Lindsey. :)

But if we're going for celebrities, I've been told I look like Amanda Bynes, Sheryl Crow, and Jennifer Love Hewitt. Basically, people are crazy and have no idea how to play the "celebrity look-alike" game.